"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Friday, November 3, 2017

Movie Review: Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)

Welcome to the third day of my Halloween Blog Party!
This entry doesn't actually have anything to do with what my sisters and I were. But, I realized that I had scheduled my blog party for four days, and there are only three of us, so I thought I would do a bonus review that was somewhat related!
(Clue: Pirates...)

This is actually based on the Disneyland Ride (weird, am I right?).

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl (2003):
"Actually, I find it quite fascinating."
"That's what concerns me."
Elizabeth Swan, daughter of the Governor, is taken prisoner by a group of pirates under a curse. They think they need a medallion of hers and her blood to break the curse. Will Turner gets the help of pirate Captain Jack Sparrow to get Elizabeth back.
"I'm telling the story!"
Genre: Swashbuckler, Adventure.
Length: 143 minutes (approx.).
Costumes: 5, there are some good ones, but it is low, or people are in their underclothes a lot of the time.
"It is the latest fashion in England."
"Well, women in England must have learned to not breathe."
My favorite: I really really like this hat, I don't know why, but I always have. This is the best picture I could find.
Script: 7, there are a few bad words/swearing.
"It's such a pretty boat...ship."
Crew:
Directed by: Gore Verbinski
Produced by: Jerry Bruckheimer
Story by: Ted Elliott, Terry Rossio, Stuart Beattie, & Jay Wolpert.
Starring:
Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow.
"You must be the worst pirate I have ever heard of."
"Ah, but you have heard of me."
Orlando Bloom as Will Turner.
Geoffrey Rush as Captain Barbossa. "I'm disinclined to acquiesce your request."
Keira Knightley as Elizabeth Swann.
Jack Davenport as Commodore James Norrington.
Kevin McNally as Joshamee Gibbs.
Jonathan Pryce as Governor Weatherby Swann.
Zoe Saldana as Anamaria.
Lee Arenberg as Pintel.
Mackenzie Crook as Ragetti.
Damian O'Hare as Lieutenant Gillette..
Treva Etienne as Koehler.
Michael Berry Jr. as Twigg.
David Bailie as Cotton.
Christopher S. Capp as Mr. Cotton's Parrot.
Martin Klebba as Marty.
Isaac C. Singleton Jr. as Bo'sun.
Giles New as Murtogg.
Angus Barnett as Mullroy.
Greg Ellis as Lieutenant Theodore Groves.
Music: 10, it has a great soundtrack!
Music by:
Klaus Badelt
Hans Zimmer
Quotes: 8,
"No survivors? Then I wonder where all the stories come from."
Notes: There is an awesome sword fight scene!!!
Storyline: 4, there is death, suggestive stuff, intoxicated people, tattoos, kissing, skeletons, and lots and lots of extremely frightening, creepy images.
Good For: People who like pirate movies, People who like swashbucklers!
Overall Score: 7.

Thank you so much for reading!

MovieCritic

8 comments:

  1. Oh, you know I love this movie! It's by far the best Pirates. The others were fine, and I haven't seen the 5th one yet, but this one is the only one that stands out as really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a classic. :) Even though it is very creepy I've been watching it for as long as I can remember. And it is the best one. I haven't seen the 5th one yet either. :)

      Delete
  2. I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO adore this movie. I still remember the first time I saw a trailer for it and was just mesmerized, going, "What even IS this?" It was so very, very much better than I was expecting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I remember not being able to wait for the sequels (which were never as good). It is a lot better then you would think. The actors, the sets, the MUSIC!

      Delete
    2. BTW, I tagged you with the Disney Princess Book Tag. Play if you want to :-) Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
    3. How fun! Thank you so much, I will go check it out!
      Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!!!!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles