"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Thursday, August 3, 2017

Movie/Series Review: Robin Hood BBC: Season 2, Episode 9: "Lardner's Ring"

Hello people!!!
Season 2, episode 9 is what is today in my Robin Hood BBC watch-along!
How it works:
If you want to join, go ahead! All you have to do is watch the episode for the day, then if you want do a post on it, or just comment on someone Else's post about it!
In my reviews for this series, I am only going to list the top ten featured characters in that episode.

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so. But the comments will have spoilers.

Robin Hood BBC: Season 2, Episode 9: "Lardner's Ring" (2007):
Based on the Robin Hood legends:
"Don't you know it's rude to read other people's mail?"
A messenger arrives at Locksley Manor, but when he learns that Robin isn't in change any more there, he runs away with Gisbourne's men in pursuit. Robin finds him where he gives a message that doesn't make any sense? Who in the world is Lardner?
"There is an explaination, there is always an explanation!"
Genre: Action, Adventure, Period Drama, Romance.
Costumes: 7, once again, they are not very accurate to the time period. And there are some weird make up and costumes.
Script: 9, "Do you practice your little speeches?"
Crew:
Directed by: Roger Goldby
Created by:
Fox Allan
Dominic Minghella
Starring:
1. Jonas Armstrong as Robin Hood. "The first time I held my bow..."
2. Richard Armitage as Guy of Gisborne.
3. Mathew Horne as The Fool.
4. Keith Allan as Vaisey, Sheriff of Nottingham.
5. Harry Lloyd as Will Scarlet.
6. Joe Armstrong as Allan a Dale.
7. Sam Throughton as Much.
8. Anjali Jay as Djaq.
9. Gordon Kennedy as Little John.
10. Lucy Griffiths as Marian.
"Cheer up!"
"What have I got to be cheery about?"
Music: 10!
Music by: Andy Price.
Quotes: 9, "This isn't what I want to do, it's what I have to do."
Storyline: 7, there is death, gruesome things, the burying of a body, and kissing. But this is a fun episode.
Good For: Robin Hood fans!
Overall Score: 8!

Thanks for reading this post! What do you think of this episode?

MovieCritic

6 comments:

  1. Oh, this one was great! With Robin proposing, Lardner fooling the sherrif and Guy, Allan helping out Will and Lardner when Lardner took the keys. Definitely a good one! The domper on it though, was that Marian went back to the castle. Not what I was hoping for the first time we watched this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one was really great! Robin proposed! *happies*
      Lardner did get away, but the Sheriff and Guy don't know that! It wassad that Marian had to go back, but she will be more helpful in the castle!

      Thanks for commenting, Ruth!

      Delete
  2. Oooohh this episode is great! Love this one!

    Yeah, who in the world is Ladner?! It appears to be a dove, who has a special message for Robin. I felt sorry for the man who brought the message to Robin, he died. :(

    Awww, the proposal!! Cute! Definitely something for Robin, proposing by a fresh grave. But Marian said YES!!!!!!! Hurray, finally they are getting married. But trouble comes forward, faster then you think.

    Allan helps Will, which is good, because he wins back the trust of the gang. Ladner fooling the sheriff, he has now idea who Ladner is.:)

    Oh no, this is the episode where Marian goes back to the castle, NOOO! Marian, why do you keep coming back to Guy, the sheriff and his castle. All right, she had no choice, Robin was in danger, and getting back to the castle was actually the only way out. She promised to marry Robin and watch out for information of the sheriff for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! It is fun to watch!!

      I like the part when both the fool and Djaq are explaining it, I had not understood before that. It was even sadder that Robin had knew him. :(

      I was just so happy! Well, except that it was over a fresh grave. Nice going Robin. ;) But his speech was so wonderful! I love it to itsy bitsy pieces!! Trouble does come quickly! :O

      The Sheriff got the wrong bird and Robin waas able to send the king the right one!

      I was sad because Robin and Marian were just getting to where they could work together in the camp!!! She could have gone with Robin when the gang got Robin out but, I can see why she had to.

      Thanks for your comment, Rachel!!

      Delete
  3. Da proposal, though. <3 <3 <3

    Sorry I haven't been over here to comment on the watchalong, by the way! I still think it's SO cool that you're doing it. :D

    And that quote from Marian, "This isn't what I want to do; it's what I have to do." :'(

    Keep it up! Thanks for the fun posts! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 <3 <3!!! It made me so happy!!!

      That is totally fine!! Thank you, it is so nice of you to say that!! :D It has been very fun so far!!

      As soon as she said that I knew I would have to put it in this review, even though it made me sad.

      Thank you! I will! :D

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles