"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Monday, August 21, 2017

Movie/Series Review: Robin Hood BBC: Season 3, Episode 11: "The Enemy of my Enemy"

Hello everyone!
I can't believe that we are only a few episodes away from the end of my Robin Hood BBC watch-along! Today's episode: season 3, episode 11.
"It can't be that difficult, can it?" No, I can do it!
"How?"
"I don't know, I haven't worked that out yet, have I?"
How it works:
If you want to join, go ahead! All you have to do is watch the episode for the day, then if you want do a post on it, or just comment on someone Else's post about it!
In my reviews for this series, I am only going to list the top ten featured characters in that episode.

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so. But the comments will have spoilers.

Robin Hood BBC: Season 3, Episode 11: "The Enemy of my Enemy" (2009):
Based on the legends of Robin Hood:
Robin goes to York to help make a jail-break.
"Look, like it or not we share a common goal."
Genre: Action, Adventure, Period Drama, Romance.
Costumes: 6, they aren't that good, and they are a little low and in a few scenes someone isn't wearing a shirt.
Script: 7, there is some gruesome talk.
"Revenge burns the soul, it can destroy."
Crew:
Directed by: Graeme Harper.
Created by:
Fox Allan,
Dominic Minghella.
Starring: 
1. Jonas Armstrong as Robin Hood, "You still believe good conquers evil."
2. Richard Armitage as Guy of Gisborne, "That's a very expensive sounding name."
3. Clive Standen as Archer.
4. Anthony O'Donnell as the Sheriff of York.
5. Lara Pulver as Isabella.
6. Gordon Kennedy as Little John.
7. Tracy Ann Oberman as Gweneth.
8. Chook Sibtain as Isabella's Guard.
9. David Sterne as the Old Man.
10. Joe Armstrong as Allan a Dale.
"We are striving not just to protect Nottingham, but England!"
Music: 10!!
Music by: Andy Price.
Quotes: 8, "There are many roads to the same place."
Notes: In one of the scenes there is some kind of bug on Robin's jacket. You can tell they were filming outside.
Storyline: 5, there is really really blah kissing suggestive stuff, gruesome talk, fighting, and death.
Good For: Robin Hood fans.
Overall Score: 7!

Sorry, I couldn't find very many pictures.

By the way, who saw the eclipse? It was so amazing!!

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think of this episode!

MovieCritic

4 comments:

  1. This wasn't a favourite of mine either! Guy finally became nice, that was good, and in the inn where they were throwing with food and screaming, that was funny! I really don't like Archer, he betrayed his own brothers(well half-brothers). He did truly care for the old man in the prison, and he gave food to the prisoners. But I still dislike him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a good one. Guy is nice, and that scene was hilarious because they both think the other will do the plan. We meet Archer and he is, well, let's just say not the best character. He is nice in some ways, but he is always trying to get money, so he betrayed Guy and Robin.

      Delete
  2. This isn't one of my favorites!

    The good thing was that Guy became really nice, and the food throwing in the inn was quite funny.

    Allright, let me say I don't like Archer. He is too cheeky and I didn't liked the scenes with the wife of the sherrif of York. Ugh! And, Archer betrayed his own half-brothers, not good. He gave food to all the prisoners and took care of an old man, that was good. But that doesn't make me to like him. I still don't like him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed!

      That was one of the best things in this series! Guy can be so nice when he wants to be! :) They are a good team.

      I don't like Archer either. He is way too cheeky and those scenes were so bad. Bleh! Come on, Archer, then helped to get you out, okay not really, but it's the thought that counts! It was nice of him to give food to the other prisoners. I, too, still don't like him.

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles