"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Saturday, August 5, 2017

Movie/Series Review: Robin Hood BBC: Season 2, Episode 11: "Treasure of the Nation"

Hello wonderful human beings!!
Welcome back to my Robin Hood BBC watch-along! We are almost done with season 2! But, for right now, we are on episode 11!
"You might have announced yourself less violently."
Sorry. ;)

How it works:
If you want to join, go ahead! All you have to do is watch the episode for the day, then if you want do a post on it, or just comment on someone Else's post about it!
In my reviews for this series, I am only going to list the top ten featured characters in that episode.

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so. But the comments will have spoilers.

Robin Hood BBC: Season 2, Episode 11: "Treasure of the Nation" (2007):

Based on the Robin Hood legends:
"I have a message from the king!"
Robin and his gang receive a message from the king telling them they need to bring the "Treasure of the Nation" to safety. But what does that mean? The messages are so confusing!
"And you just remembered this!?"

Genre: Action, Adventure, Period Drama, Romance.
Costumes: 9, there are some good ones.
My favorite: 

Script: 9, "Are you always this odious, or have you just practiced for me?"
Crew:
Directed by: Matthew Evans
Created by:
Fox Allan
Dominic Minghella
Starring:
1. Jonas Armstrong as Robin Hood.
2. Richard Armitage as Guy of Gisbourne.

3. Keith Allan as Vaisey, Sheriff of Nottingham.
4. Stephen Beckett as Legrand.

5. Gordon Kennedy as Little John "Big Bear."
6. Joe Armstrong as Allan a Dale.
7. Anjali Jay as Djaq.
8. Harry Lloyd as Will Scarlet.

9. Sam Throughton as Much.
10. Andy Hefler as Paxton.
"Something like that."
Music: 10!
Music by: Andy Price.
Quotes: 9, "It might be cleaver but it still doesn't look like anything."
Notes: This is the first episode I saw. I do not recommend it. Fortunately, I didn't remember until after word. I thought, "I've seen that before." Then I remembered.
Storyline: 6, there is death, kissing, fighting, suggestive stuff, and a few gruesome things.

Good For: Robin Hood fans!
Overall Score: 9!
"Told ya he'd get it."
"I would have gotten it."
"No you wouldn't."

Thank you so much for reading!! Please tell me what you think of this episode!

MovieCritic

4 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite episodes. It's funny, lovely and sad at the same time.

    Robin and his gang are attacked by by some men. We meet Legrand, who has such a funny deep laugh. Legrand gives Robin a message, which lead him, the gang and Legrand to the treasure of nation. Which is Queen Eleanor, who is the mother of prince John and king Richard. Queen Eleanor is very fond of John and calls him Big Bear.

    This also the episode where Guy finds out that Marian is the Nightwatchman! Oh no, problems ahead! Guy is shocked and hurt at the same time. He gets very angry on Marian and makes a bad decision. She has to die. EEEKKKK! HOW AWFUL OF YOU GUY!
    Happily, Guy and Allan trick the sheriff, who finally is happy to have the capture the Nightwatchman. Allan plays the Nightwatchman and Marian goes free. And then Marian wants to escape, but Guy begs her not to go.''Stay and make this place bearable''. And you know what, she stays.
    WHAT ABOUT ROBIN MARIAN???!!

    Robin, the queen, Legrand and the gang get attacked by soldiers of the sheriff. Legrand dies, so sad. Even John cried, because he found someone who looks a lot like him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, same here! We really think alike!!

      Legrand is such a funny character, I do wish we would have seen more of him. Robin and the gang are beginning to think that they have gone on a wild goose chase, when they find Queen Eleanor! "Big Bear" The gang isn't going to stop teasing John! ;)

      I had seen this episode before, but thankfully I had forgotten this part! I was so worried, I really thought Marian was going to be hanged, and that Robin would never know. I don't think he ever did know that Guy knew Marian was the night-watchman, maybe Allan told him? I do love Allan, he risked his life for her. I was glad that Guy wasn't ngry at her after that, but how could she stay!!!!?????

      I will miss Legrand, he was nice even though we didn't get to see him much. Poor John.

      Thanks for the great comment!!!

      Delete
  2. Aha, Legrand! I liked Legrand, even though this episode is not that fun. His laugh makes you laugh. I did not like the queen. She was...I don't know how you explain this. A bit overbaring, is that the word? Anyhow, I found her a tinsy bit annoying. It was sad though, that Legrand died. But the thing I liked, was that Guy finally showed his ''nice'' side. And Allan pretending as the Nightwatchman, risking his own life. Guy was rude to Allan though. I don't see why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Legrand was very likable! Yes, I did like Legrand and I was sad to see that we don't get to see him again. That sentence doesn't make and sense.
      Anyway, that is the perfect word to discribe Queen Eleanor! They were trying to make the actress be queenly, but she definitely is overbaring. Tinsy bit annoying. ;)
      In some episodes I really do not like Guy, but this is one of the good episodes!! Allan is great, even when Guy is rude to him.

      Thanks for the awesome comment!!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles