"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Friday, August 4, 2017

Movie/Series Review: Robin Hood BBC: Season 2, Episode 10: "Walkabout"

Hello people!
Season 2, episode 10. Robin Hood BBC watch-along. (I'm sorry, it is really hard to come up with introductions!)

How it works:
If you want to join, go ahead! All you have to do is watch the episode for the day, then if you want do a post on it, or just comment on someone Else's post about it!
In my reviews for this series, I am only going to list the top ten featured characters in that episode.

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so. But the comments will have spoilers.

Robin Hood BBC: Season 2, Episode 10: "Walkabout" (2007):

Based on Robin Hood legends:
"Nothing that man does would surprise me."
When the Sheriff goes missing, all must work together or Prince John will destroy Nottingham.
"He's not the problem, but he might be the solution."
But, Guy is determined.
"We do not deal with outlaws."

Genre: Action, Adventure, Period Drama, Romance.
Costumes: 6, they aren't the greatest, and at some length of time some one's shirt is coming off.
Script: 7, There are a few places where people are not called nice names and there is a bad word.
"Tell it to the sun!"

Crew:
Directed by: Matthew Evans
Created by:
Fox Allan
Dominic Minghella
Starring:
1. Jonas Armstrong as Robin Hood.
2. Keith Allan as Vaisey, Sheriff of Nottingham.
3. Gordon Kennedy as Little John.
4. Anjali Jay as Djaq, "I won't go against Robin's orders."
5. Lee Ross as Sir Jasper.

6. Charlie Brooks as Ceris.
7. Alex Valentin Herceg  as Ceris's Child 1.
8. Fremont Farkas as Ceris's Child 2.
9. Kada Haala as Ceris's Child 3.
10. Richard Armitage as Guy of Gisbourne.
Music: 10!
Music by: Andy Price.
Quotes: 8, "I like worrying about you."
Storyline: 10, there is a little gruesome thing, a tiny bit of fighting. Wow! Very impressive!
"This is weird, I don't like it."

Good For: Robin Hood fans!
Overall Score: 8!

I'm sorry, I could only find four pictures that were not giving anything away.

What do you think of this episode? Thank you so much for reading!!

MovieCritic

8 comments:

  1. I love Robin Hood so much, I'm going to try to go live at my friend's house so I can watch this with their TV! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin Hood is awesome! I hope it works, this is a really good show!

      Delete
  2. Aw, I'd be pretty late to this party so I think I'll skip, but I'll try to be on top of it if you do it again! (You see, even if I were to jump in now, this is at least close to if not at the end of Season 2, and I refuse to watch Season 3 because they--wait, if this isn't the last episode and you haven't seen it before then no spoilers--but anyway) (that was too long of a parenthetical phrase :p)
    ANYWAY, what a MESS that comment is. Dearie me.
    ANYWAY, I do love Robin Hood and I love this idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really nice of you to jump in right now to comment, even if it isn't for the whole thing! (This is my second time through and I definitely understand why you haven't watched Season 3, I almost didn't but I was able to talk myself into it.) (:) Love it! :))
      Don't be sorry, I love that you stopped by to talk!!
      Robin Hood is awesome. Thank you so much!!!

      Delete
  3. This is a funny episode. :)

    Where the sheriff is walking around the forest with his pyjama. Hahaha. And the plan he is to get into Robin's camp, I didn't thought he would succeed. And John is so silly to step in the trap. The sheriff is playing a blind man, he found a woman and her children in the forest, while trying to get back home. They capture John and bring him to fight with the other man who is with the woman, forgot her name. Isn't that right?

    Than the man come to destroy the city and the people who are in it. Marian is still in the castle when it happens. Guy can be saved, but decided to stay with Marian, he rather wants to die by her side than be alive. That is very brave of you Guy. Did not expect that from you. And isn't this the episode where Guy ask Marian to marry him, for the second time??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is!

      I can't believe that the Sheriff sleepwalked so far!!! Haha! It is very funny! I didn't think he would succeed either, but John has a big heart and he wanted to help them. The sheriff was a blind man and found Ceris then they build a fake grave where they sit weeping until John finds them. John brings them to camp then they knock him out while they try to find Robin's "treasure". But Robin and Much get there in time.

      Yes, because they think the Sheriff is dead. Yes, this is the second time Guy asks. This episode makes me sad at how Guy did not want Marian to die, but later...

      Thanks for your comment, Rachel!

      Delete
  4. I liked this episode. It was not my favourite, but I liked it! This was one of the times that Guy was actually kind, together with the one where they find out Marian is The Nightwatchman.
    I'm sorry for the late comments, that is not really what happens mostly. Most of the time, when they are movie posts from movies that I know(especially when it's Robin Hood BBC), I comment. But...
    Anyway, it was the episode we're supposed to talk about and not my late reactions ;)
    John really annoyed me here. I mean, he wants to help the poor very much, but to invite them into their camp is a bit over-doing, don't you think? And then they ask Robin to go find the sheriff before Nottingham is destroyed.
    'Say please.' Marian rolls her eyes.
    'Robin...'
    'Not you, him.' :) Robin always annoys Guy so much. But after all, Guy is the bad side and Robin the good and mostly they don't get along so well.
    'Even if no one else lives, she must survive.' I honestly don't know if Robin was meaning that Marian married Guy, but I don't think he would have been against it, he only wanted her to be safe. Which makes it even more sad, in the last episode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't really like it the first time I watched it, but it wasn't bad this time! I actually kind of liked it!

      Don't worry, I was just gone for a trip and now I have to catch up on a lot of posts!! :/

      John was trying to be nice, but I don't see why he had to bring them to camp. They could have just brought things to them!

      Robin and Guy really do not like each other! Only very rarely do theyget along, and this is one of those episodes. I'm not sure, I don't think Robin would want Marian to marry Guy, Robin would have gone in to save her. I do think that Marian and Guy are at least friends, though. Oh yes, oh yes! I almost cried in this episode seeing how much Guy was trying to keep her alive!!!

      Thanks for commenting!!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles