"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Movie/Series Review: Robin Hood BBC: Season 2, Episode 8: "Get Carter!"

Hi-ya!
You are probably getting really tired of me, but here I am for my Robin Hood BBC watch-along, season 2, episode 8!

How it works:
If you want to join, go ahead! All you have to do is watch the episode for the day, then if you want do a post on it, or just comment on someone else's post about it!
In my reviews for this series, I am only going to list the top ten featured characters in that episode.

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so. But the comments will have spoilers.

Robin Hood BBC: Season 2, Episode 8: "Get Carter!" (2007):
Based on the Robin Hood legends:
"We have bad days, and we have good days."
When soldiers are attacking the village Clun, Robin runs to the rescue but a stranger, Carter, helps too. Carter gets wounded so the gang take him back to camp, but Much thinks he recognizes him. Could there be more to this?
"The scheme sounds elaborate."
Genre: Action, Adventure, Period Drama, Romance.
Costumes: 7, eh, some of them don't fit into the time period.
Script: 9,
"Why would you help me?"
"Look, I'm not all bad."
Crew:
Directed by: Roger Goldby
Created by:
Fox Allan
Dominic Minghella
Starring: 
1. Jonas Armstrong as Robin Hood. "There can only be one leader."
2. Joseph Kennedy as Carter.
3. Richard Armitage as Guy of Gisbourne. "Get my horse!"
4. Sam Throughton as Much.
5. Gordon Kennedy as Little John.
6. Keith Allan as Vaisey, Sheriff of Nottingham.
7. Joe Armstrong as Allan a Dale. "You could've had my eye out!"
8. Lucy Griffiths as Marian.
9. Anjali Jay as Djaq.
10. Harry Lloyd as Will Scarlet.
Music: 10!
Music by: Andy Price.
Quotes: 10, "He's not crying, he's laughing on the wrong side of his face."
Storyline: 7, There is death (but it is also saying how it is NOT good to kill), fighting, kissing, religion (when I say this I don't mean that I am against religion, quite the opposite! I am just saying there are a few times where people are not nice about it, don't believe, etc.) and there is a tiny suggestive thing.
"Nah, come on, we're much to good for that."
Good For: Robin Hood fans!
Overall Score: 8!

Thank you so much for participating in this watch-along! What do YOU think about this episode? I would love to talk about it!

MovieCritic

4 comments:

  1. ''Get Carter!'' was one of my favourites, maybe even THE favourite. It was really funny when Robin fake-died and then suddenly was alive in front of the sherrif's eyes. But Marian was in danger, because Guy wanted to go after her. Allan helped her, congratulations for a good deed! And Allan calling Guy ''Gis''.
    'Get my horse.'
    'I'm not a footman.'
    'Get my horse!'
    'Alright, alright.' :) Allan is really the funniest guy in the whole show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty good episode!! And Carter is telling the Sheriff all about this potion and he is just saying, "Yes, yes." He doesn't realize that they have used that potion. And then Marian saved Robin's life! Allan isn't "all bad." ;) "I'm not being funny..." Allan is the funniest on the show!!!

      Thanks for talking with me, Ruth!

      Delete
  2. This episode is also one of my favorites! Love this one!

    Here we meet Carter, who is assigned to kill Robin. Of course Robin talks to Carter and he helps the gang instead of the sheriff. You go Carter, you go!

    The scene where Robin died, which is fake, as we all know, is very funny. It made the sheriff happy and he couldn't believe it was Robin, but after looking close, he believed it. And then Marian came in danger, oh no, and Guy needed to go after her.
    Who helped her? Allan! You go Allan, you go! (I keep saying that) HAHAHA, it was quite funny when Allan called Guy 'Gis'. :D
    Allan sure is funny. He is one of my favorite characters in the show and I think he is the funniest and kindest, however he betrayed the gang, but he wanted to go back and helped them a lot, after they put him out of their gang. Poor Allan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is a good one!

      Carter was confused about Robin, but once he got to know him they got to be pretty good friends!

      Hilarious! It was so close, Robin almost got his head cut off, but Marian saved him by distractin Guy.
      Allan!!! (I like it!) Allan, why did you have to go with 'Gis'? You are so funny, you shouldn't be on the villian side!! He is one of my favorites too!! They wouldn't let him back at first, but they will! :D

      Thanks for chatting, Rachel! :D

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles