"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Movie/Series Review: Robin Hood BBC: Season 3, Episode 12: "Something Worth Fighting For ~ Part 1"

Hey Everybody!
This is season 3 episode 12, the second to last episode in my Robin Hood BBC watch-along!
"There's no way out!"
"There's always a way out." You've come this far, you might as well read it.

How it works:
If you want to join, go ahead! All you have to do is watch the episode for the day, then if you want do a post on it, or just comment on someone Else's post about it!
In my reviews for this series, I am only going to list the top ten featured characters in that episode.

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so. But the comments will have spoilers.

Robin Hood BBC: Season 3, Episode 12: "Something Worth Fighting For ~ Part 1" (2009):
Based on the legends of Robin Hood:
"I think you should save your family whilst you still can."
Robin and the gang are going to try to raid the castle, and then put it in the hands of the people until King Richard returns!
"Everyday you know I wish I could take that back."
Genre: Action, Adventure, Period Drama, Romance.
Costumes: 8, not great but not bad.
Script: 7, bad word and there is some gruesome talk.
"Sometimes the prettiest things can be the most fragile."

Crew:
Directed by: Matthew Evans.
Created by:
Fox Allan,
Dominic Minghella.
Starring: 
1. Jonas Armstrong as Robin Hood.
2. Richard Armitage as Guy of Gisborne.
3. Lara Pulver as Isabella. "If I disappoint the prince I'll hang like every other noble that's disappointed him."
4. Joe Armstrong as Allan a Dale. "Why is it always my fault?"
5. Fraser James as Blamire.
6. David Harewood as Friar Tuck.
7. Gordon Kennedy as Little John.
8. Clive Standen as Archer.
"Archer what?"
"Just Archer."
9. Sam Throughton as Much.
10. Teresa Banham as Rebecca.
Music: 10!
Music by: Andy Price.
Quotes: 9, "It's harder to cut the spirit with a blade."
Storyline: 7, there is suggestive stuff, death, fighting, and gruesome talk.
"You shouldn't mess with graves."
Good For: Robin Hood fans.
Overall Score: 7!

Thanks for reading! What do you think will happen in the last episode?

MovieCritic

4 comments:

  1. Almost the last episode of Robin Hood BBC season 3 again, it really goes fast, doesn't it? These two last episodes were so...I can't really explain. They were good, but so sad all. I hated that they thought Allan betrayed them again. I mean, you know Allan, right? He was really sorry for his earlier betrayal, and he is one of Robin's oldest gang members and friends. And you know Isabella too. You know she isn't to be trusted, she would do a lot to ruin Robin and his gang. You should all be wiser! And Tuck, why didn't you say something, you were just standing there and listening, but didn't say ANYTHING!! You should all have trusted Allan!! He saved you, Little John! And he saved everyone once! I know, that if Marian would have been there, she would have believed him. And I think, Kate would have stood up for Allan too. I hope that she would have done that. And the trap, Archer told Isabella to make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is crazy how fast it went! Amazing, really!
      They were good, but they were so sad.
      That was so sad!!!!! Allan is such a good character, and he really repented what he had done. He was so funny and he had been in the gang as long as it had been a gang! Isabella, she can never be trusted ever since she showed that she couldn't in episode 9. Would Allan really betray you again!? Tuck, you are so wise and everyone listens to you, you have always known Allan to be so trust-worthy, why didn't you speak up!!!!!! Just the episode before he had saved Little John, are their memories going? If he hadn't come back to the gang the king would be dead and Marian would have died in the Holy Land without Robin knowing. As much as I don't like Kate, I do think she would have stood up for him. Oh, it makes me so sad.
      That trap was not nice. Archer....

      Thanks for chatting with me, Ruth!

      Delete
  2. Oh no, ALMOST the last episode of Robin Hood season 3, time goes fast.
    These episodes where funny and good and sad.

    I hated the fact the gang didn't trusted Allan. Why guys, you can trust him, he changed, he really did. Poor Allan, he's such a sweet lad.

    BLEUH, ISABELLA! I still don't like her. She now rules over the castle and is the sheriff. She isn't funny at all, she gets meaner and meaner. GO AWAY, WE DON'T LIKE YOU ISABELLA!

    Tuck, why didn't you say anything to the gang, that you trust Allan, and Kate, SAY something! Marian, we really needed you here.

    The trap Archer made for Isabella is very creepy. A moment I thought they all where dead for real. But, it wasn't so, gladly.

    I don't think I like these two last episodes, because they are just too sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they were good episodes but they would have been better if Kate and Isabella weren't in them...

      Allan! He really had changed, he is so sweet and funny, but the gang turned their backs on him! Poor Allan! And he was just trying to warn them.

      She was so nice when she started out, besides that she liked Robin too much, I liked her but now she is so mean! GO AWAY AND DON'T COME BACK ISABELLA!!

      Tuck, you could have saved his life! You knew he wouldn't do something like that. If Kate had been there she would have saved him! And Marian, too...

      That was not good, but then Archer turned against Isabella.

      Yes, they are extremely sad.

      Thanks for your comment, Rachel!!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles