"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

First Sentence Game - Answers!!!


Hello!!
Today is the 19th and this is my 19th post! Also, I am here with the answers to my First Sentence Game, which I posted a few weeks ago. If you have not seen it, click HERE to see it. Five points per right guess. 2 for half a guess. A total of 50 points could be earned. Okay! Here we go!

1. Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show.
Answer: David Copperfield, by Charles Dickens


2. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way--in short, the period was so far like the like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil in the superlative degree of comparison only.
Answer: A Tale of Two Cities, by Charles Dickens
(I know, I was in a Dickens mood.)

3. Not long ago in a large university town in California, on a street called Orchard Avenue, a strange old man ran a dusty shabby store.
Answer: The Eygpt Game, by Zilpha Keatly Snider



4. There is no lake at Camp Green Lake.
Answer: Holes, by Louis Sacher


5. The wind, the rain, my soaked Converse sneakers: I blame it all on my dad.
Answer: Tokyo Heist, by Diana Renn


6. Someone was calling.
Answer: Nory Ryan's Song. by Patrica Reilly Giff.
(I'm sorry about this one. It was not really specific.)


7. This story is mainly about me
Answer: Second Fiddle: Or How to tell a Black Bird from a Sausage, by Siobhan Parkinson.
(Once again, not very specific, but I like this one because it continues on to say, "It was going to be mainly about Gillian, but it turned out to be about me.")



8. In a hole in the ground lived a hobbit.
Answer: The Hobbit, by J.R.R.Tolkien
                                                       


9. Dallas leaned far out the window, his eyes fixed on a bird flying lazily in the distance.
Answer: Ruby Holler, by Shanon Creech
                                                        

10. It was nearing midnight and the Prime Minister was sitting alone in his office, reading a long memo that was slipping through his brain without leaving the slightest trace of meaning behind.
Answer: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, by J.K.Rowling


Points:
Cordy: 20
Miss March: 18
Erudessa: 10
Dunraven: 20
PioneerGirl: 25

If the answer is in pink, everyone got it.
By the way, it is PioneerGirl's birthday, so go check out her blog RIGHT HERE and wish her a happy birthday!
Thank you so much for reading, and guessing!!!!

MovieCritic

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles