"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Friday, October 28, 2016

Announcing my very own Blog Party!

Hello!
I am super excited! I am going to host my own blog party! It is for Halloween!
My favorite part about Halloween is dressing up. My sisters and I have had some pretty good costumes.We make our own costumes, only a few years have we had store bought costumes when we got them as gifts. In our house, the rule is, that it can be whatever as long as it is scary or magical. The three of us like to have related costumes, and this year my sisters and I decided that we wanted to all be villains! And since there are both movie (s) and a book that our villain is in, I want to share them with you, and let you join in!

The Rules!
1. It can be anything you want, as long as there is a book or movie (s), it doens't have to be scary or magical, that is just our rule..
2. You can review both the book and movie, or just one or the other.
3. You then have to talk about the charater you are. Adding a photo is opional, but I would love to see it!
4. You can do other people that you know (if they allow) I will be doing myself and my sisters. You can do up to four.
5. Anyone can join!
6. Have fun!

Example:
(Note: You can review it any way you want!)
If you were going to be Cinderella, you could read the classic tale, or any kind of retelling, or watch a movie version of it. Review it! Then say your thoughts on that character, compare them to your version, ask what others think of it! (here is where the photo comes in handy)!

If you have any questions, email me at: queen13movies@gmail.com

More than one person can do the same costume because you will have different thoughts on the character.

Now, here are some buttons. I have never made any buttons so I had to improvise, I used Tate Kids Dot Shop to make them, next time I will make them better. You can take as many as you want!

This one is just kind of a regular

Now these are clues to what my sisters and I will be.

And this one.

And this one, I'm sorry, they are not really helpful clues to what we are going to be, you can guess if you like.

Now, you are probably wondering why it is Nov. 16-19 when it is about Halloween costumes, but there are so many great blogathons going on in the first few weeks of Nov. here they are:

A Celebration of Classic Hollywood:

Hosted by Rose at An Old Fashioned Girl. Nov. 1-7, here is the LINK!

The Great Imaginary Film Blogathon:
Hosted by The Metzinger Sisters at Silver Scenes. Nov. 11-13, here THIS LINK !

So now do you see why it is so late? Any way, thank you so much for reading! I hope you will participate!

MovieCritic

2 comments:

  1. As much as I would love to do this, sadly I don't have the time right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fine, it's from the 16-19 so if you think of anything then, you are more then welcome to do it!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles