"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Monday, December 5, 2016

Book Review: Hattie Big Sky

Hello!
I finished Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson. So, without further delay:

Hattie Big Sky, by Kirby Larson:
Isn't this cover lovely!?
Hattie Inez Brooks has inheirited 320 achers of land, a cabin, a sturdy horse named Plug, and an irratating cow named Violet. All this in Montana and she has to prove this claim before November.
Characters: 9, Hattie Inez Brooks was the name of Kirby Larson's great-grandmother, so this is sort of (only sort of) based on her life there.
Favorite Characters:
Hattie
Charlie
Perilee
Mattie
Roster Jim
Words: 8 pretty good, there are only one or two bad words. I love how each chapter starts with a letter. It really sets the scene for that chapter.
Storyline: 10! This is really a story of devotion. I mean, think about it, she is only sixteen! And how tight the community is.
Overall Score: 9! I recommend it highly!

So, you may have noticed that movies are my speicalty and I'm not really good at reviewing books, so if any of you have any tips to share, I'll welcome them gladly!

Oh, and coming soon, is Midnite Drive-In's and Hamlette's Soliloquy's, John Wayne Blogathon! Be sure to check it out!

Thank you so much for reading!

MovieCritic

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles