"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Monday, May 1, 2017

Book Tag: Tag--I'm It!

Hello!
Happy May Day Everyone! Olivia tagged me with this awesome book tag! Thank you so much Olivia!

The tag:

The rules:
1. You must be honest.
2. You must answer every question.
3. You must tag at least 4 people.

1.) What book has been on your shelf the longest?

Um, I don't know. I think it was the first Chronicles of Narnia book, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, by C. S. Lewis.
 


2.) What is your current read, your last read, and the book you'll read next?

I am currently reading An Autobiography, by Agatha Christie.
 

The last book I read was The Sign of the Four, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

And I am hoping to read Frankenstein, by Mary Shelley next.
 


3.) What book did everyone like, but you hated?

This is easy! Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, by Ransom Riggs.
 


4.) What book do you keep telling yourself you'll read, but you probably won't?

Um, probably, Rebecca, by Daphne du Maurier.
 


5.) What book are you saving for retirement?

The third book that comes out in the year that I retire. I am not going to build a time machine, jump forward, read it, jump back. I'm going to wait. ;P

So, that was not following the first rule. I would hope to read all the books in the world by the time I'm there, but that will not happen, so, let's say Call of the Wild, by Jack London. I started it once, but I didn't really like it.
 


6.) Last page: read it first, or wait 'til the end?  

Wait until the end! If I don't, it spoils the story.

7.) Acknowledgement: waste of paper and ink, or interesting aside?

Depends on how long it is. Sometimes I read, most times not.

8.) Which book character would you switch places with?

I agree with Olivia's answer on this one. But, it would be cool to spend a day in the March household. But then, I wouldn't want to take a day from them.

9.) Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life?

Tons! Pretty much all the books I read I connect with something. I'll just name a few:
Fablehaven: Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary, by Brandon Mull, reminds me of berries because my family picked them the day I finished it.
 

Pride & Prejudice, by Jane Austen, reminds of when Jane Austen became one of my favorite authoresses.


10.) Name a book that you acquired in an interesting way.

I'm not that interesting. I just get them the regular way. Hm, my mom bought me The Hundred and One Dalmatians, by Dodie Smith for me and it came all the way from the U.K. Does that count?


11.) Have you ever given a book away for a special reason to a special person?

I gave a book away to a friend who was moving.

12.) Which book has been with you most places?

Wow, I don't know! I guess my copy of Northanger Abbey, by Jane Austen, with my copies of the Chronicles of Narnia, by C. S. Lewis. I'm not sure if it counts because it was only one trip and I didn't read them. : /
 


13.) Any "required reading" you hated in high school that wasn't so bad later?

All the required reading I have had I have liked. But, I know I am going to have to read some of Tolstoy's works and I don't really want to.

14.) Used or brand new?

Definitely both!

15.) Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?

Nope. I hadn't ever heard of him until now.

16.) Have you ever seen a movie you liked more than the book?

This is sort of my motto:

Because, the book is so much better!
But, I will admit I liked The Golden Compass movie better than the book. But I didn't really like the movie so that tells you how much I liked the book.

17.) Have you ever read a book that's made you hungry, cookbooks included?

Cookbooks make me hungry, but I have to wait for someone else to cook it, because I am terrible at cooking. Real Food/Fake Food, by Larry Olmsted, made me hungry and not hungry at the same time.


18.) Who is the person whose book advice you'll always take?

My dad's. He pretty much only likes classics, and well, they are called "classics" for a reason. Also pretty much any book I hear of, I want to try!

19.) Is there a book out of your comfort zone (e.g., outside your usual reading genre) that you ended up loving?

I try to do all genres (doesn't work), but I, Robot, by Isaac Asimov was my first (and so far only), sci-fi and I didn't LOVE it, but it was pretty good!
 


(Now for the hard part.)

I Tag:
Elanor
Emma
Sarah
Molly Rebekah

If you want to do it, consider yourself tagged! Thank you so much for tagging me, Olivia!

MovieCritic

13 comments:

  1. Great answers, MovieCritic! And thanks for the tag:)

    Honestly, I did not care for The Call of the Wild either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and you're welcome! :)

      You too? Good, it's not just me.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for filling out the tag!! You're most welcome :)

    Aww, I like your answers to the ninth question -- they make me feel all warm and fuzzy :)

    Ooh, good thought with the March family! That would be fun.

    101 Dalmatians! That's definitely a cool way to acquire a book. And I love that book :D

    Same about Rebecca. I started it a while back and was like 'Blehh,' so we'll see if I ever pick it back up :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, what a cute cover for The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe!! Happiness <3

      Frankenstein...well, you already know my sentiments on that, m'dear, but maybe you'll enjoy it more than I did! ;)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, it was so fun!

      Thank you, same for me. :D

      Yeah! But I still agree with your answer. :)

      Yes! That book was sooooooo good! I loved it from the first chapter!

      Yeah, I'm not that big into romances, so we will see if I ever do it too. :-P

      That is the cover we have and I have always loved it. <3

      Because of your sentiments, and the fact that it IS a book about a monster, I am wary about getting into it. But, I promised my sister I would, so we will see what happens. :/

      Thank you so much for the tag and your comment!

      Delete
  3. Aw! Thanks for tagging me! :D Maybe I'll have to combine this with the Blogger Bookshelf tag!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing! I thought it would be fun to see your answers! :D

      Same to you!

      Delete
  4. Great answers, and thanks for tagging me! I've been needing some blog post ideas, so this is perfect. I'll try and get around to it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! Yeah! I can't wait to see your answers! :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the tag, dear! And perhaps the motivation I need to post another book tag I was tagged with a while back.... Perhaps now I'll have two book-related posts to write!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing! That will be fun to read! I can't wait!!! :)

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles