"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Friday, May 19, 2017

A-Z Book Tag

Hello Everyone!
Guess what day it is, the 19th! So that means I have to do a post.
I'm sorry I have been doing so many tags lately! But, I saw this tag over at Merideth's blog, and it just looked so fun I had to steal it.


A-Z Book Tag:

Author You've Read The Most From:

Hm, I'd have to say Mary Pope Osborne.
Mary Pope Osborne
 But that was only one series, so the person I have read the most of their works would be Kathryn Lasky.
Kathryn Lasky

Best Sequel Ever:

This is hard, I pretty much always like the first one better. Let's go with The Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns, by Chris Colfer
 

Currently Reading:

A lot of things. One of them is, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, by J. R. R. Tolkien.

I'm reading it with Risa's read-along!


Drink of Choice While Reading:

Drink? I usually just drink water.

E-reader or Physical Book?:

Physical Book!! I love to hold a book and turn the pages!
 

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Dated In High School:

What!?

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

Johnny Tremain, by Esther Forbes.


Hidden Gem Book:

The True Blue Scouts of Sugar Man Swamp by Kathi Appelt. It is a really good book, plus it's fun to say.
 

Also Pax, by Sara Pennypacker. I love this book!
 

Important Moment In Your Reading Life:

A Christmas Carol, by Charles Dickens. My first Charles Dickens.
 


Sense & Sensibility, by Jane Austen. My first Jane Austen.
 

Just Finished:

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, by J. R. R. Tolkien.


Kind of Book You Won't Read:

Mushy Romance!

Longest Book You've Read:

David Copperfield, by Charles Dickens.


Major book hangover because of...:

I don't know. Usually I only read to the point of a hangover when I am sick and I am already feeling bad so I don't know.

Number of Bookcases You Own:

Wow, um, Do bins count? I think seven.

One book you have read multiple times:

I don't usually reread books but I have reread Holes, by Louis Sachar a few times.


Preferred place to read:

In a comfy chair, my bed, out side on the swing (weather permiting).

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you've read:

                                                            The Fellowship of the Ring
 

                 
                                                                   Pride & Prejudice 
I'm sorry, I love this one!

Reading regret:

Miss Perigrine's Home for Peculiar Children, by Ransom Riggs.

His Dark Materials series, by Philip Pullman.

Series you started and need to finish(all books are out in series):

Nancy Drew!

Three of your all time favorite books:

1. Anne of Green Gables, by L. M. Montgomery.

2. Holes, by Louis Sachar.
3. Pride & Prejudice, by Jane Austen.


Unapologetic fangirl for...:

Charles Dickens
Jane Austen
Land of Stories
Middle Earth

Very excited for this release more than all the others:

The sixth Land of Stories! (There has to be one!)

Worst bookish habit:

Reading a book in one day.

X marks the spot: start at the top of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

This is an awesome question! I don't really have a book shelf, more bins, so that one is Saige Paints the Sky by Jessie Haas.

Your latest book purchase:

The Five Little Peppers and How They Grew, by Margaret Sydney.

ZZZ-snatcher(last book that kept you up WAY late):

Appointment with Death, by Agatha Chirstie.


I Tag:
Anyone who wants to do it!

Thanks for reading!

MovieCritic

4 comments:

  1. What??? No mushy romances? How do you get by? Those kind of books are so good for a light, one day read. Plus, they tug at your heartstrings (while you simultaneously roll your eyes at the sappiness and convenience of it all). Lol:

    LOVE the quotes you shared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't like it when it's, "I'm in love with you becasue you are so hansome." But other romance I can (usually) do. But, when I read them it usually is in one day and I am rolling my eyes. :)

      Thank you! You can do this if you want to, I have been tagging you for so many things I thought you would be tired of me doing that.

      Thanks for your comment Elanor!!!

      Delete
  2. Lovely answers Moviecritic!!
    I would love to do the tag. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel!
      Go ahead and do it! I would love to see your answers! :)

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles