"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Movie/Series Review: Pride and Prejudice 1995 - Episode Five

Hello!

This is another day in Hamlette's I ❤ Austen Week!! I am back again to review the fifth episode in BBC's Pride and Prejudice (1995)! Can you believe we are here already!? Anyway, here it is:

Pride and Prejudice (1995): Episode Five
This is one of my favorite covers!  

Here we finally meet Georgiana Darcy. We had seen glimpse of her in several episodes but we actually met her here.

Then, disaster strikes. What will happen next?
Genre: Romance.
Costumes: 9,
My Favorites:
Sorry it's kind of hard to see.
Script: 8, a few bad words, but okay. "Who indeed sir! Now perhaps in view of that consideration you may feel that it would be unwise to stay any longer."
Crew:
Directed by: Simon Langton
Screenplay by: Andrew Davies
Based on: Pride and Prejudice - by Jane Austen
Starring:
Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy
Crispin Bonham-Carter as Mr. Bingley
Jennifer Ehle as Elizabeth Bennet
Benjamin Whitrow as Mr. Bennet
Polly Maberly as Kitty Bennet
In this episode I love it where she is peeking through the window.
Julia Sawalha as Lydia Bennet
Alison Steadman as Mrs. Bennet
Lucy Briers as Mary Bennet
Susannsh Harker as Jane Bennet
Adrian Lukis as Mr. Wickam
David Bamber as Mr. Collins
"I always feel that a clergyman cannot be too careful, especially one so fortunate to enjoy the condensation of Lady Catherine De Bourgh.
Emilia Fox as Georgiana Darcy
Music: 10! As always!
Music by: Carl Davis
Quotes: 9, "You think that Jane, if it comforts you."
Storyline: 6, well there is eloping, but the rest is fine.
Overall Score: 8

We are so close to being done! We only have one more episode left! Be sure to go check out the rest of I ❤ Austen Week!

MovieCritic

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles