"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Friday, May 4, 2018

Movie Review: STAR WARS V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980)

May the Fourth be with you!
Today is STAR WARS day! I hope you all did something STAR WARS related! For me, I re-watched The Force Awakens, which I hadn't seen since it was on the theatre. Also, to celebrate I am going to be reviewing Episode V!

'"The odds for this being a good review are-"
"Never tell me the odds!"'

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so.

STAR WARS V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980):
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away...
Though the Empire has had major set backs, Darth Vader is determined to find Luke Skywalker. After being separated from the Resistance, Luke goes to find the Jedi Master, Yoda, to teach him the ways of the force and Han, Leia, Chewy, and C-3PO try to get back to the Resistance base. But Darth Vader has a few secrets up his sleeves.
Genre: Science Fiction, Fantasy
Length: approx. 124 minutes
Costumes: 8, nothing bad. My favorite is Lando's cape:
Script: 10, no bad words!
'"I'd rather kiss a wookie!"
"I can arrange that!"'
Crew:
Directed by: Irvin Kershner
Produced by:
George Lucas
Gary Kurtz
Screenplay by:
George Lucas
Leigh Brackett
Lawrence Kasdan
Starring:
Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker.
Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia.
Harrison Ford as Han Solo. "I've got a bad feeling about this..."
Billy Dee Williams as Lando Calrissian.
David Prowse as Darth Vader.
James Earl Jones as Darth Vader (voice).
Frank Oz as Yoda.
Anthony Daniels as C-3PO.
Peter Mayhew as Chebacca.
Kenny Baker as R2-D2.
Jeremy Bulloch as Boba Fett.
Alec Guinness as Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Cinematography: 9
Cinematography by: Peter Suschitzky
Music: 10!
Music by: John Williams
Quotes: 10, "Do, or do not. There is no try."
Storyline: 7, there are some gross/creepy images, but not too many.
Overall Score: 9!

By the way, here is a joke for you:
Person 1: What is the interior temperature of a Tauntaun?
Person 2: ?
Person 1: Lukewarm
Person 2: I thought that joke smelled bad on the outside!
Person 1: Hey, it took a lot of guts to survive out there!
I'm sorry, that is really gross...

Here is a button that Fawnabelle Baggins at Geeky, Nerdy, and Proud of it made for today!:

May the Fourth be with You!

MovieCritic

Note: This was supposed to be posted on, well, the 4th, but due to my decade old computer and me being out of town for the last few days, that didn't go as planned. Sorry about that!

14 comments:

  1. I posted something on Instagram.


    Nice button, Fawnabelle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is your username on Instagram? Then I can go check it out!

      That is one of my favorite parts of Episode VII. :D

      Delete
  2. I just always think: The best film in the original trilogy...one of the greatest sequels ever made...and the movie Star Wars fans love the most...just so happens to be the one where George Lucas was involved the LEAST.  ;) ;)

    But, seriously, it's a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, so true! I hadn't thought of it like that, but it's a fact. George Lucas steps back and everyone loves the movie that he basicly said, "Go for it." ;)

      Definitely! It is one of the best!

      Delete
  3. Star Wars is the best! I'm hoping the Han solo movie is good! Are you going to go see it in the theaters? -Jose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Star Wars is awesome! I don't think I will because only Harrison Ford is Han Solo to me, but if I hear it is good I might get it on DVD. What about you?

      Delete
    2. Our Family will probably borrow it from the library. I agree. Harrison Ford is the only Han Solo. I'm hoping the movie will be better than i think it's going to be. I'm so excited for the next movie after the last Jedi. I want to find out who Rey's Family is. Are you guessing who they are?- Jose

      Delete
    3. Yes, I am hoping that it will be good though. The actor for Lando looks like he will do a great job! And I really am excited for Episode IX! How are they going to end it all!? I really have no clue who Rey's family is. Do you have any ideas?

      Delete
    4. Luke? Maybe Han Solo? I Have no idea.-Jose

      Delete
    5. Both good guesses! We'll just have to see, I guess. But I can't wait!

      Delete
  4. Excellent review, MC!! I do like The Empire Strikes Back a lot :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Catherine!! You can't go wrong with the original trilogy. :D

      Delete
  5. YAY for Star Wars! I really love the fandom, though I'm more a Sherlock Holmes girl, so that's the books and shows where I really fall in love, but still - Star Wars celebrating going on here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Star Wars is great! Oh yeah, I love mysteries and Sherlock Holmes is one of the best! I really want to see the BBC show, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles