"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Monday, February 26, 2018

Movie Review: The Last Time I Saw Paris (1954)

Hello!
Crystal at In The Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood hosted an Elizabeth Taylor blogathon! And as of now I only have one movie reviewed with her in it, I thought it was about time for another!
Be sure to check out all the other entries!

My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so.

The Last Time I Saw Paris (1954):
Based on Babylon Revisited - by F. Scott Fitzgerald:
When Charles Wills is reporting on the end of World War II in Paris, France, he falls in love with an energetic girl, Helen. Helen's sister, Marion, also loves Charles, but he doesn't seem to notice. Her father, James, has a continuing joke about all their oil fields, which never showed a drop of oil. The whole family, excepting Marion, is all about taking chances, an living each day as their last.
Genre: Drama
Length: approx. 116 minutes.
Costumes: 5, some of the dresses are a little low, and we have three scenes where people are not wearing clothes.
Costumes by: Helen Rose.
Script: 9, uh, I don't think there are any bad words.
"I'm sick to death of death."
Crew: Directed by: Richard Brooks. Produced by: Jack Cummings
Screenplay by:
Julius J. Epstein
Philip G. Epstein
Richard Brooks
Based on: Babylon Revisited - by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Starring:
Elizabeth Taylor as Helen Ellswirth
Van Johnson as Charles Wills
Walter Pidgeon as James Ellswirth
Donna Reed as Marion Ellswirth
George Dolenz as Claude Matine
Sandy Descher as Vicki
Kurt Kasznar as Maurice
Eva Gabor as Lorraine Quarl
Roger Moore as Paul
Music: 9.
Music by: Conrad Salinger
Cinematography by: Joseph Ruttenberg
Quotes: 9, "We have many things to remember together."
Storyline: 4, there is a lot of drinking, smoking, suggestive things, kissing, and death.
Good For: Whoever has lost someone.
Overall Score: 6.

Thanks for reading! Have you seen this movie? What did you think of it? Thanks to Crystal for hosting this!

MovieCritic

2 comments:

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles